Monday 22 February 2021

John

 


John

Written by Scott Wainwright


It's funny how things work out sometimes

It's funny how things come to pass

Sometimes you get away with it all

Other times it bites you in the ass

I never meant to hurt anyone

Or to lead them astray

Sometimes you must face your fears

And sometimes you just cannot stay


Sometimes you will wonder why

Other times you will play it cool

Sometimes you won't even try

Then its better just to play the fool

I never meant to be unkind

Or pretend not to care

Sometimes its the luck of the draw

And other times it just isn't fair


There's a little child

Inside every grown man

And most of the time

He's doing the best that he can

But this little child

Hope's one day to be grown

And one day

To make it on home

But until then we wonder where the time has gone

But I guess you already know that John


Oh how I've tried to figure you out

Looking for the right words to use

But I am still filled with doubt

And I am even more confused

I never meant to disappoint you

Or cause you to lose your way

You just did the best that you could

And never had the words to say


From the album 'Indoor Fireworks'

Available here https://scottwainwright.bandcamp.com/album/indoor-fireworks-demo-tape

No comments:

Post a Comment